Getting into foil kiting or want to push your freestyle further?
Then join us for this intensive foil, freestyle and directional kite tour on the Cocos Islands. Every day you’ll be pushed to your limits in whatever discipline you choose or suits the adventure of the day.
Our 'Stoke Coach' Ben Strowger's enthusiasm for progression is contagious, and with the help of his professional team, he promises you’ll be leaving the Cocos with a lot more skills and with a lot more style!
Zephyr HQ will turn into a Duotone and Naish test center stocked with all the latest and greatest kites, foils, surfboards, and toys for you to learn on, demo or hire supplied by our partners at Ocean Addicts QLD.
Differing from our popular Cocos progression tours, this Foil & Freestyle kite tour will be adventure heavy set around intensive (yet fun) coaching sessions with;
This tour is for kiters who can already ride foil and want deep water to play in, or for intermediate to advanced riders who want to learn how to ride or get better at foiling, learn more freestyle tricks and try new disciplines of kiting.
KITESURF LIKE A PRO
Using the latest radio helmet technology and our support boat, you'll have the whole Cocos lagoon to yourself and the experienced Zephyr team riding with you every day.
Learn to foil kite
With a small kite and decent winds, it's easy to get your balance before rising out of the water on the foil fins. After you master the short trainer foil mast, you'll move to the 60cm mast which will give you a lot more lift and upwind capabilities. To gain extra confidence, we often use a boat and radio helmets to allow you to feel the odd sensation of 'floating on air' for the first time.
Learn simple or hardcore freestyle sticks - you choose.
The essential tricks are the darkslide (see how to here) , kite loop, transitions with rolls and loops, hand drags, board offs and grabs. You'll leave with a plethora of new moves you can show your mates...and with style.
keep it simple, make it stylish!
Go strappless on a directional
Master the gybe, toe-side or board-off tricks on a surfboard to help you in the waves or on a foil board. Learning on flat water is the best way for progression especially for wave-kiting. We'll take you to some re-form waves upwind inside the reef and on plenty of down-winders and lagoon crossings; all on a surf or skim board.
For 2018 we are stoked to have Australian Freestyle Champions Katie Potter and Ewan Jaspan, joining us to show us a trick or two! Stay tuned for which pro rider will be joining you in 2019.
- Some of our tours involve a visit to Home Island, or we receive services provided by the Cocos-Malay’s. As they are a Muslim community, we ask that you respect their culture and dress appropriately while on tour with us.
- Insurance is highly recommended from the day you pay your deposit. If you injure yourself before, or on tour, this should cover you. There are two hospitals on the Cocos which have decent facilities, but for serious accidents, a medivac from Perth may be required and potentially could be quite costly.
- Please do not book your flights to Cocos until your accommodation and spot on tour are
- If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know on checkout so we can ensure we can cater to your needs.
- Your mobile phone will not work on the Cocos (as it is on a private network) but there are basic Wi-Fi and Telstra land lines.
- As the Islands are Australian, $AUD is used, there are EFT at most outlets and cash is accepted. We recommend you bring a mix of cash and card for extra activities and special events.