Chef/Cook Wanted for Boutique Kitesurfing Tour Company!
Cook/Chef – Cocos (Keeling) Islands
July – September 2021
Description of Position and Duties
At Zephyr Tours, we deliver an immersive and fully inclusive kitesurfing tour package, including transport, food, tuition, activities, adventures and more. For the duration of the 10-day tour, from the moment out guests are picked up in the morning, until bedtime each evening, every member of the team is expected to help provide exceptional customer service to our guests while ensuring that each day runs as smoothly as possible while adhering to all time checkpoints and schedules.
As the tour cook/chef, your role is to provide and deliver healthy and nutritious meals and snacks for all our guests and the team daily. You will help create the tour meal plan for each 10-day tour while working with the available food options on any given day. Your creativity is essential to stay within a budget, prepare, transport and serve the food at various locations around the island. You will be responsible for shopping, ordering online, booking food providers on island, stocktaking, liaising with management on daily scheduling to deliver the meals on time.
When out on the water or riding with our clients, your role is to inspire, encourage, and help get each guest stoked on kitesurfing.
Behind the scenes and away from our clients, you may be required to perform tasks essential to the preparation and set-up of each tour, including maintenance, cleaning, food prep, early starts, late evenings and more.
The appropriate candidate will be a skilled individual who is flexible, resourceful, and creative when preparing food. They must be confident in producing delicious meals and snacks using a basic kitchen, gas burner BBQ, with limited food availability and who has an eye presentation. The right candidate will be responsible for the catering needs for up to 20 pax, between 2-3 meals each day. They must be able to utilise local businesses for food supplies, ingredients and meals to deliver an enhanced culinary experience for our clients. The ideal candidate must have a passion for the sport of kitesurfing with the ability to kite with our clients and share the stoke.
- Management of the whole catering operation from start to finish.
- Production and delivery of 2-3 meals each day for the duration of each 10-day tour.
- Responsible for adhering to the company’s quality standards.
- Control of budgeting, stock control and purchasing of food products.
- Management of the staff-house kitchen and fridges, along with the use and allocation of food.
- Responsible for the active and constant application of all safety and hygiene standards in the kitchen.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintenance of kitchen, utensils and crockery.
- Reporting to managers and taking feedback.
- Professional experience working in the food industry.
- Experience in preparing meals for large groups of up to 20 people.
- Food safety certificate/or the ability to obtain.
- Pro-active, professional and possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to show initiative and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- A passion for kitesurfing, be comfortable living in remote environments, and a desire to live in a tropical paradise.
- Intermediate kiteboarder skill level – must be able to ride up wind.
- Competitive salary
- Shared accommodation
- All meals
- Opportunity to practice kitesurfing, surfing, spearing, freediving and more
- Professional, high energy, exciting work environment
- Creative environment – bring your passion into the team
We offer a competitive renumeration package that includes, accommodation, food, transport, use of kite centre equipment, flights from Perth and more. Details will be discussed at time of interview.