Join us for an unforgettable kiting and cultural experience with your exclusive pass to Yorke Island and the Masig Magic Mile. Kitesurf every day in the butter-smooth tropical water, glide along sandbars for miles and feast on locally caught seafood.
Welcome to the Magic Mile
A kiters playground where two teardrop Islands meet as the steady trade winds flow cleanly over the sandbar to create the perfect conditions for freeriding and freestyle kitesurfing.
Everything is taken care of out here on Yorke by the team at Gubaou Mari. Expert mariners will take you to the Masig Magic Mile each day in their longboats; local chefs will feed you the most amazing meals and the local community will entertain you with stories from the elders, traditional dancing, and lessons in pit fire cooking plus a whole lot more.
As with all Zephyr Tours, our main focus is your progression and here is the place to do it. With our most experienced Coach leading this tour and offering tips and tricks every session, you’ll have so much time and the ideal conditions to nail that dark slide or boost into a kite loop.
Best suited to intermediate to advance kiters who can stay upwind to take advantage of these world-class offshore kiting conditions.
Connecting with the Community
At Zephyr Tours, we believe in supporting the communities that welcome us to their towns. On this Yorke Island tour, we work closely with our partners Gubaou Mari to provide employment for at least 12 locals who are there as boat crew, cooks, dancers, artists, craftsmen & guides.
Throughout your tour we have many activities and events planned which include:
Tourism to this region is in its infancy, and it is imperative that while enjoying the epic kiting conditions; all guests must respect local customs, refrain from bringing alcohol, embrace tradition and give back to the community while on tour with Zephyr Tours & Gubaou Mari.
- This is strictly a DRY TOUR, e. NO ALCOHOL (your body will be thankful)
- The Masigalgal access permit for kiting is available through Zephyr Tours only
- There may be times where kiting might be limited such as Mabo day or if there is ‘sorry business’ (where a community member passes away)
- Partaking in water activities in this region comes with inherent risks such as being in the water with sharks, crocodiles, and other sea creatures.
- The closest hospital is on Horn Island; a plane ride away, however, there is a remote Island nurse available in the event of minor injuries,