Kitesurfing Progression Tours in the Cocos Keeling Islands:
Cocos Island kitesurfing is amongst some of the best in the world and with a 2:1 kiter to instructor ratio, you can be guaranteed to progress in your sport! Mix this with loads of adventure, island culture and good times and you have the perfect kitesurfing experience!
Our kitesurfing lessons are held in small groups with full time experienced IKO instructors & coaches dedicated to you all day, every day. Our patience with beginners and the ability to push even the advanced kiters beyond the limits ensures progression is fast, safe and enjoyable.
Yoga, healthy meals, and deluxe accommodation mean you'll be well rested, nourished and limber for your long, action-packed days on the water.
With so many tiny Islands surrounding the most perfect flat water lagoon for kitesurfing, there is something for everyone here out on the Cocos Islands.
For those who haven’t tried kitesurfing before, the Cocos is hands-down the easiest place to learn this thrilling sport that can take you anywhere around the world. On Cocos, you have all the time in the world to get comfortable with your equipment and the wind.
At the Zephyr HQ, you’ll have the luxury of being just a kite-lines length from the beach and under the forever watchful eyes of your full-time instructors. With plenty of room for body dragging, crashing, tangles, spills and then short runs, easy down winders and freeriding, it’s the perfect learning ground to build confidence and practice in a safe location.
Once you've nailed your water starts it’s a fast learning curve from here on in, especially with the consistent winds and your full-time coaches. It will be just days before our team will be encouraging you to load and pop, then back roll, maybe even kite loop!
The radio helmets and video feedback work a treat to fix any bad habits you’ve adopted, and they set you a stable platform for tricks and proper kite flying techniques.
For the more experienced riders, your coach will set you a new challenge, be it something off the trick wheel or trying the foil boards or riding a directional. We're not scared of adventure so don’t be surprised if you're led on a huge kitesurfing odyssey upwind through the atoll, out to the waves then downwind to the coast road home again. We have so many locations and secret spots to choose from; you’ll never be bored with us as your kite tour guides.
Check out the FOIL and FREESTYLE tour for an intensive coaching clinic specially designed for experienced kiters.
This years tour bonus is free yoga delivered by Island local Yogi and health guru Olivier.
Limber up and wind down with regular yoga sessions at many peaceful locations around the Island.
Complete with fresh coconut water on arrival, a cleansing Cocos ginger and honey tea and a delicious papaya and banana snack for your reward.
You’ll be loving the Cocos life with these beneficial yoga sessions.
Perfect for non-kiters
You’ll be surprised by how many amazing things you can do on these Islands without any resorts, shops or big tourist attractions. 11 days is never enough to explore the breathtaking scenery. Relax under a palm tree or wade in the crystal-clear water with the tropical fish and sea turtles at Australia’s best beach on Direction Island.
Partners, kids, and mates can enjoy this holiday with you while you kitesurf in paradise.
We have three options for non-kiting friends or family
- Deluxe non-kiter – perfect for partners who want to experience the whole Island with you and the crew. Includes everything but all kiting is replaced with paddleboard options
- Basic Non-kiter – For partners wanting a more relaxing holiday reading a book and joining the crew sometimes for socials and non-kiting activities and all our beachside facilities
- No service – Perfect for kids and partners wanting to do their own thing but staying with you in a house or unit
- Some of our tours involve a visit to Home Island or we receive services provided by the Cocos-Malay’s. As they are a Muslim community, we ask that you respect their culture and dress appropriately while on tour with us.
- Insurance is highly recommended from the day you pay your deposit. If you injure yourself before, or on tour, this should cover you. There are two hospitals on the Cocos which have decent facilities, but for serious accidents, a medivac from Perth may be required and potentially could be quite costly.
- Please do not book your flights to Cocos until your accommodation and spot on tour is
- If you have any dietary requirements, please let us know on checkout so we can ensure we can cater to your needs.
- Your mobile phone will not work on the Cocos (as it is on a private network) but there is basic Wi-Fi and Telstra land lines.
- As the Islands are Australian, $AUD is used, there are EFT at most outlets and cash is accepted. We recommend you bring a mix of cash and card for extra activities and special events.