10th – 17th June 2024
- Full-time seasonal: 1 week
Description of Position and Duties
At Zephyr Tours, we deliver an immersive and fully inclusive kitesurfing tour package, including transport, food, tuition, activities, adventures, and more. For the duration of the tour, from the moment our guests are picked up in the morning until bedtime each evening, every member of the team is expected to help provide exceptional customer service to our guests while ensuring that each day runs as smoothly as possible.
As the kite instructor/guide, your role is to help provide and deliver unique kiteboarding-focused experiences for all our guests. You will assist in every aspect of the tour operation, from teaching and coaching kiteboarding, transport and logistics, cleaning, and maintenance, all while socialising with our clients and creating an exceptional tour experience. Our Far North QLD Offshore Adventure is a tour, and your commitment to the role is integral to its success.
When out on the water or riding with our clients, your role is to inspire and encourage them while constantly looking for opportunities to offer beneficial coaching tips and pointers to help get each guest stoked on kitesurfing. You will be using an array of coaching methods, including one-to-one lessons, coaching clinics, tutorials, and coaching from in the boat, both on and off the water. To help with these, radio headsets are supplied and recommended for communication with clients on the water, while video cameras are available to film clients in aid of constructive and timely feedback.
The appropriate candidate will be a skilled individual passionate about kiteboarding, flexible, resourceful, and proactive in their approach. They must be confident, have a strong work ethic, and possess initiative, all the while helping to deliver the best kiteboarding and customer-focused experience possible. They will be responsible for coaching, guiding, transporting clients and supplies, and helping deliver an exceptional tour experience for the duration of the tour.
Behind the scenes or away from our clients, you may be required to perform tasks essential to the preparation and set-up of each tour, including:
- Lifting and transporting gear bags
- Carrying gear and equipment to and from the boats
- Logistics and hire vehicle collection/drop off
- Setting up/packing up tents and chairs
- Early starts and late evenings
The ideal candidate must have a passion for the sport of kitesurfing with the ability to enhance the client’s experience by sharing the stoke.
- Coaching and teaching kiteboarding.
- Guiding on the water while providing an exceptional customer service experience.
- Transporting clients, gear, and equipment between accommodation and kiting locations.
- Active and constant application of all work, health, and safety standards on and off the water.
- Adherence to Zephyr Tours code of conduct and quality standards.
- Reporting to managers and the ability to take on feedback.
- Professional experience instructing kiteboarding.
- Experience in hospitality, customer service and/or servicing large groups of up to 20 people.
- Passion for kitesurfing and be comfortable living in shared accommodation.
- Ability to show initiative and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Proactive, professional and possess a positive attitude.
- Intermediate kiteboarding skill level at a minimum – must be able to perform basic tricks consistently.
- KA, IKO, or equivalent qualification.
- Valid Working With Children Check.
- Drivers Licence (manual vehicle).
- KA Membership.
- Competitive salary.
- Shared accommodation.
- All meals.
- Professional, high energy, exciting work environment.
- Creative environment – bring your passion into the team.
- An offshore kiting adventure in Far North QLD.
We offer a competitive remuneration package that includes accommodation, food, transport, and access to some of the best and most remote kitesurfing locations in Australia. Details will be discussed at the time of the interview.